List Price: $5.49
Sale Price: $5.49
(as of 04/26/2016 22:16 UTC)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product..
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Free Shipping: unspecified
A quintessential Konkan dish from the Western coast of India, generally produced with shrimp. The subtle sweetness of coconut milk is completely balanced with the sour tang of the unique kokum (fish tamarind) and spiced with flecks of red chilli powder. You can substitute fish or chicken for the shrimp if you choose. Prep time: ten minutes. Cook time: 35 minutes. Spice level: Mild (can be improved to Medium). Contents: Mama\'s recipe + two sachets. Serves four.
- Make gourmet Indian food at home with Masala Mama® Organic Indian Spice Kits, which make authentic Indian cooking simple. Each Spice Kit is hand-crafted for a specific dish, based on traditional Indian recipes, and includes a step-by-step recipe and shopping list of fresh ingredients.
- No experience with Indian cooking or knowledge of Indian spices is needed. If the thought of having to buy and use a large number of spices seems intimidating, your worries are over! Just follow the recipe and add the spice sachets as directed. No additional spices are required.
- Spices are provided in sachets with pre-measured amounts, so you can never go wrong. Each sachet is added at a different stage during cooking, exactly how authentic Indian food is prepared. The result is a delicious, homestyle dish, far superior to any generic curry powder or spice mix.
- Do you pay for spices you don't need and then have to throw them away? If you make Indian food occasionally, you probably buy a dozen or more spices in larger quantities than you need, and then have spices left over that slowly go stale in your kitchen. Our spice kits are designed for one-time use, so you only pay for what you use, and nothing is wasted.
- Package includes recipe and two spice sachets; serves four.