Indian Spice Kit for Shrimp Patia (Hot Sweet and Sour Shrimp) - Organic Curry Spice Blends by Masala Mama
List Price: $5.49
Sale Price: $5.49
(as of 04/26/2016 22:16 UTC)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product..
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Free Shipping: unspecified
This classic ragout of shrimps cooked in a mouth-watering sauce comes from the Parsi neighborhood in Western India. Scorching from green chilies and chili powder, sweet from jaggery and sour from tamarind, this complex dish superbly balances the 3 flavors. It really is typically served on auspicious family occasions with yellow rice and lentils and the mixture is referred to as dhan, dar, patio. Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: 35 minutes. Spice degree: Medium (can be enhanced to Sizzling). Contents: Mama\'s recipe + 2 spice sachets. Serves four.
- Make gourmet Indian food at home with Masala Mama® Organic Indian Spice Kits, which make authentic Indian cooking simple. Each Spice Kit is hand-crafted for a specific dish, based on traditional Indian recipes, and includes a step-by-step recipe and shopping list of fresh ingredients.
- No experience with Indian cooking or knowledge of Indian spices is needed. If the thought of having to buy and use a large number of spices seems intimidating, your worries are over! Just follow the recipe and add the spice sachets as directed. No additional spices are required.
- Spices are provided in sachets with pre-measured amounts, so you can never go wrong. Each sachet is added at a different stage during cooking, exactly how authentic Indian food is prepared. The result is a delicious, homestyle dish, far superior to any generic curry powder or spice mix.
- Do you pay for spices you don't need and then have to throw them away? If you make Indian food occasionally, you probably buy a dozen or more spices in larger quantities than you need, and then have spices left over that slowly go stale in your kitchen. Our spice kits are designed for one-time use, so you only pay for what you use, and nothing is wasted.
- Package includes recipe and two spice sachets; serves four.